Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spotlight!

Spot bright, find a child doing right. . .
In primary they read a little poem and pick a new child to spotlight each week. Kade was so ecstatic when he brought home the spotlight bag for us to fill with things to take that he could share with the primary so they could learn more about him. I say ecstatic and I'm not sure if I ever do his level of enthusiasm justice on this blog. I don't know why but his excitement level is always maxed out. We do try to get him to tone it down but he is just naturally always SO EXCITED. :)
Back to the spotlight. . .
I thought I'd just make record of a few of Kade's favorites that we put in the spotlight.
Summer activity is: Slip-n-slide, and water guns
Winter activity is: Sledding
General favorite thing is: Birthday parities with pinatas and birthday cake
Food: "Flakes"(Honey Bunches of Oats), or anything with lots of extra cinnamon sprinkled on top
Family Trip: Lagoon (are you surprised?)
Family Tradition: Spooky Dinners
Daily activity: Playing with friends, cousins, or his toys
He loves to play with his brother Clint
He loves to help his mom
He loves to make German pancakes with his dad

2 comments:

renee' said...

How fun! His face does show it all, super excited. Bethany is feeling the same way, every week she doesn't get picked I see her expression and shoulders drop. I can't wait till it's her turn, it's the little things in life.

rosie said...

That is great he was the spotlight yesterday! I love all of his answers. He is full of so much expression!!! I loved subbing in the Sunbeams class, it fun to hear their answers.

Kyle was chosen to be the spotlight a month ago, but Mckinley hasn't yet. Every week she wonders if she will finally get picked. I hope she gets picked soon! It's a big deal to these kids! I love how they want to share so much about themselves!