Friday, August 5, 2022

Keeping it Real

ÎComments from the boys today. 
Cole comes in this morning and says, "You should take a shower two times a day if you sleep because your bed smells bad--well these blankets smell and so then you smell like them." I don't respond because if I open my mouth I'll likely laugh. Before I can compose myself he says, "Do you see how I said that so I didn't hurt your feelings? I said the blankets smell bad, not you."  Again trying to compose myself. I was so impressed with his awareness of what would be hurtful but it was so cute I wanted to laugh. Anyway, guess I'll be washing sheets today. ;-)

Later this afternoon Kade and I are talking and he begins to study my face and says, "You don't have anymore makeup on your zit." Nice. Yes, I've got a zit, and yes, it is a beauty.  :-( Feeling pretty good about myself.

Love that I have these boys who keep it real around here. 

No comments: