Thursday, August 25, 2016

Lake Powell

Aug.25th
I got to fly to Lake Powell this year! They had an open spot on the plane that was taking the staff down. So I got to go down and help get all set up for the Lake Powell trips.  I don't mind the work. Everything is enjoyable in paradise.  Man that plane ride might have spoiled me! To be in my sanctuary in about 45 minutes instead of 6 hours, man was that nice!
This year's trip was wonderful, as always. I learn so much, my mind gets stretched, and I feel like I am a more enlightened parent. My most favorite thing about these trips though is meeting so many wonderful people! I've decided everyone is fascinating with so much to offer everyone so I get so excited to discover new people everyday!  This group was a little more laid back and so there wasn't a lot of high energy or late nights but we still had a lot of fun. We got to slip in a little rappelling in Labrynth, which was fun to see others who have never tried it do it.  I also tried and went a ways on the Aquaskipper this trip--that was fun!  Another big moment this trip was, after a little coaching from Justin, I improved a lot with my wake surfing. 

No comments: