Monday, September 28, 2009

Sprinklers- One Last Time

Today I picked up the boys from Wendy's (she watches them while I teach in the morning) and we headed home about 9:45 AM. I thought it would be a good day to water the lawns so I turned on the sprinklers. We were out back digging out a few of the cornstalks to throw in the garbage can, then we headed out front to color with chalk. That was the plan anyway. The boys were in the lead and when I got to the front of the house I found Clint running through the middle of the sprinklers. "No! Clint get. . ." On second thought it's probably going to be the last 'warm' day for at least 8 months so go ahead. "Never mind Clint. Yes, Kade you can run too." He had been looking at me to see how I would react to Clint but he had an expression of hope on his face, 'Oh I want to run through the sprinklers too.' So to my response he ran into the sprinklers screaming, "YES!!!!!!!!" They had a blast for at least 45 min. I'm sure everyone that drove by thought I should be nominated for mother of the year-- ha ha. Hey they had long-sleeve shirts, pants, and jackets on--with the hoods up mind you. :) I kept asking them if they were cold and wanted to go in but it took them a long while to get to that point.

No comments: