Thursday, September 27, 2012

Daddy Turn!

Here is the scene:  I was cleaning up dinner which entailed emptying the dishwasher, clearing the table, putting food in containers, rolling up leftover bean, meat, and cheese into burritos, and wiping down the surfaces.  Darryl was standing next to the dishwasher looking at his phone-- likely e-mails, news, or Facebook.  Cole was playing around the house and came into the kitchen where we were.  Darryl says, "Whew!  You're stinky!"  Everything carries on as before.   Darryl says, "Oh man that is bad!"  Everything carries on as before.  Darryl says, "Wow!  That's really bad!"  As I'm walking past Darryl to put some dishes in the cupboard I notice he's on Facebook.  I said, "Facebook!  Go change the poop!"  Then Cole repeats, "Change poop.  Change poop.  Change poop."  Funny right!-- It gets better!  I'm finally at a stopping point so I say, "Come on lets go change you."  "NO!  Daddy turn!"  Darryl and I lost it laughing.  He couldn't have picked a better moment to say that for the first time.  That's a phrase I hope he uses more often. :)

No comments: