Friday, April 11, 2014

Oh Ca-na-da


I got to go with Darryl to Toronto for a work show.  I was so excited to get to "explore" a new part of the world.  The first thing I was excited about was something I noticed from the airplane.  Logging is a big industry here and it was so fun to see that they float the logs down the bank of the ocean to transport them.  In the world of gadgets and tools I assumed ways of the past were obsolete.  It was fun to see that they there are still somethings that make sense to do the "good-old" way.  We had such a great time in Canada.  We went for a walk along the boardwalk to a beautiful park that had a cool botanical garden.  Darryl had been there before with a broker and so he wanted to show me an area where a flock of cranes nest in the trees.  They are huge birds that you wouldn't expect to nest high up on thin branches in trees so it is fun to see.  After walking around for a while we found them.  We were caught up in how unusual it was when all of a sudden a large amount of a white substance came pouring down.  Luckily we dodged the majority of the present from the bird but Darryl didn't walk away unscathed.  A small amount had splashed up onto his jacket.  After that had happened we instantly noticed that the sidewalks were "painted" white from the birds droppings--droppings makes it sound so dainty and compact but there was nothing dainty and compact about what these birds were dropping.  It was more like splashing heaps. :-o
Other great things to note about the trip was our view from our hotel room and the food.  From our window we could watch the water planes come in and take off constantly which was fun.  One night we found a great place for Indian food and the next night we found a Japanese place with udon noodles.  We like the udon so much we went back the next night. :-)  
I love being able to see new places.  I never thought I would travel as much as I have just because growing up traveling was making a 25 min. drive to Richfield.  I just couldn't even imagine much beyond that.  I'm so grateful I have had opportunities to travel.
The best thing about the whole trip though was spending some time with my best friend.  It was a great place but all of the experiences  were especially great because I got to enjoy them with Darryl.  Love you.

No comments: