Monday, October 27, 2014

The Dog is Gonna' be the Death of Me!

These are a couple pictures I sent to Darryl when I was showing him that Kia was not giving up on escaping.  Ever since we brought him home he has been digging his way out of the backyard. I'm so on edge because of it. My anxiety is through the roof and I can't get anything done because I'm constantly worried about him getting out.  I worry about it so much because 1. I don't think he'll be able to find his way back yet 2. The boys would be heart broken if he was gone for good 3. He wasn't free!  4. I'm not sure what he'd do to a neighboring animal if he were confronted  5. I don't want to spend all day trying to figure out which way he went.  For all these reasons I have become a little crazy.  If I can't hear him I think he must have escaped so I'll burst outside to go look for him and find him being content.  Well that's all it takes to get rid of his contentment. :)   You would think that I could calm down now that I  know he is in fact in our yard still.  Well that isn't the case.  He is now stirred up and determined now more than ever to get out so he starts digging.  Darryl has laid bricks down and buried bricks and he'll still dig them out!  Eventually Darryl dug down a couple feet and put bricks all along the fence.  We're not sure if it was that or the fact that we went to Zion and left him with our friend that broke him of trying to escape but he has seemed to realize that staying home isn't so bad.  Wahoo!  I don't have to be a crazy lady anymore. :) 


No comments: