Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I Believe

In October Kade stayed at his cousins house and they had the most fabulous game (according to Kade) Hungry Hungry Hippos! We knew he loved it but didn't consider getting it for Christmas simply because there are many other things he thinks are awesome.
* * *
The first time Kade saw Santa, it was before Thanksgiving, he was pretty confused about the whole situation. There was this guy that seemed a little scary and everyone around Kade kept telling him to tell the scary guy what he wanted for Christmas. I don't think at this point the words Christmas, Santa, or Ho Ho Ho made any sense to him. So after we calmed Kade down he told Santa he wanted a Popsicle. Santa looked at Darryl and I like, 'Wow, that is sad. All you can afford is a Popsicle.' Well as time passed Kade became educated about Christmas presents, and Santa. So the next time we saw Santa he was prepared. When Santa asked the first kid he saw what he wanted Kade yelled a Hungry Hippo, this continued and I kept trying to get Kade to understand Santa wasn't talking to him yet.
* * *
Again we figured there were many other things he loved so we figured the responses to Santa would change. He never changed. We saw Santa again and again. Kade asked for Hungry Hippo again and again. With our shopping done we were relying on Santa gifts to suffice. However our concern was growing when 5 days before Christmas Kade kept randomly informing us that Santa was bringing him a Hungry Hippo. We would also make comments like, "Six more days until you get to open the presents." To which Kade would say, "Yea, and Santa brings my Hungry Hippo!" Not wanting him to be disappointed we frantically began looking online and calling stores all over the state. "Back ordered", "Out of stock", "Gone", "None here." Yikes. Thankfully good old Santa, who always brought me gifts, informed me that he would be placing a Hungry Hungry Hippo under the tree.
* * *
Christmas day, after hours of playing Hungry Hippo Kade's enthusiasm about the game hasn't dwindled. Thank you Santa, I'll always believe.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hooray for Santa!!!
Good job whoever you are, little things like that help us all keep Santa alive!
I loved that game, only played it once at a friends house. Santa never brought me one, but then again, I never asked him for it.

Stacie Aho said...

That is so awesome. It gave me goose bumps! I love how kids are SO faithful. He has gotten so big, too, since I saw him last. Wow!
Thanks for sharing that :)
-Stacie

Jenny said...

I love it. " I want to eat it" that is so cute. I think the boys will have to get together for a game of Hungry hippo...
Santa has done some amazing things hasn't he.

fortywinks32 said...


Thanks for every other informative website. Where else could I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal method? I have a undertaking that I’m simply now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

beds
bed
mattress
mattresses