Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk-or-Treat



Trunk-or-Treat was actually trunk-less this year. It was raining so hard most of the afternoon/evening that they moved the activity into the church cultural hall. It was nice to not have to freeze. :) The boys had a great time and the best part of the night was when we were headed back home and Kade was saying how excited he was to see what the Great Pumpkin would bring him. Clint was fairly quiet and then said, "I changed my mind, Mom. I don't want to give my candy to the Great Pumpkin anymore." Me, "That's fine. Why not?" Clint, "I'll just play with what Kade gets!" How clever! When it came down to leaving the candy out though Clint decided to leave his out for the Pumpkin. I guess once he picked out his 6 candies he decided he'd rather have a toy than all those Tootsie Rolls and Dum Dums. HOWEVER, there were a few candies I think he still had his eye on because kept bringing Darryl and I candies and would say, "I'm just giving you this to be nice." Later Darryl and I were talking and we decided he was just trying to keep those candies in the house because when we were tucking him into bed he commented on how there was, "...a piece for you and a piece for me!" in the Kit Kat he so sweetly gave me. Darryl said he also mentioned to him that there were a lot of Nerds in the Nerds he gave Darryl and that maybe they could share. He seriously kills me-- how could you not love him?

No comments: