Thursday, October 7, 2010

update on chickens


Yes, the chickens are still alive, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because holy cow do we have too many!!!!!!!!!!! I would think 2 would be perfect. . . or even 1, but 3 would be pushing it. SO what is 9? TOO MANY! We get 7 eggs a day, once in a while a chicken won't lay one day but that's still a half a doz. a day! Needless to say if you ever need to borrow an egg I think I know which neighbor you could borrow one from-- actually don't borrow because that would imply returning the goods, just keep the eggs. We do enjoy watching the chickens though. Life seems to go slower and takes you back to small-town life again. The chickens will often run across the yard back and forth. We're not sure who rang the dinner bell but they're not waiting for anyone! I had to laugh when I took these pictures the "brown crazy-haired chicken"(as we call her) looked like she was on a runway. She kept striking the poses. It's especially funny when you scroll through the pictures on the computer. She looks like a super model in a photo shoot. So funny! Clint warns everyone that, "You don't want to get your face close to the chicken or it will peck you. And just before it pecks you it will look at you like this." He turns his head to the left and stares and you really seriously with his one eye. It's hysterical. He has no idea how funny it is. He's completely serious and I must say he can do that creepy look they give pretty well.

1 comment:

Amanda Lee said...

I haven't been blog stalking forever and I am so glad you stopped by, I have been out of the loop. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he gets better soon. Love the BYU helmet, lol.

Don't ever feel overwhelmed by the thought of homeschooling. Although I must admit I was until I found people to talk to and now that I have jumped in feet first I can't imagine sending them away to public, we love it so much. We are done in two (usually three) hours and have the whole day ahead of us. Love the freedom! One thing I have found out is that it's harder than I expected, but certainly more fun and rewarding then I could have ever imagined. Please don't hesitate to ask questions. I researched for months before finally taking the plunge. Their is so much out their it can be overwhelming. Call me if you have questions. I would love to share with you what I have learned. I have absolutely no regrets so far. I think more and more people are going to be homeschooling very soon. There are over 2,000 kids who are homeschooled just in Utah County. It’s not as unusual anymore. Because of the internet there are so many curriculums to choose from (which that usually is the overwhelming part). I can send you a few website that I have sent to others that will help you make the right decision for you and your family.