Thursday, August 25, 2011

1st day of 1st Grade


Today was Kade's first day of 1st Grade and he couldn't have been happier. We are sad that summer break is over though. The summer weather didn't start until recently in Heber so we're feeling a little gypped. Oh well we'll just have to run through the sprinklers after all the fun at school! Kade's teacher is Mrs. Mecham and we've heard all great things about her. Kade has been asking daily when today would come for weeks. I'm so glad he loves school. I wanted to get a cute 1st day picture of him but Mr. Cole apparently thought I was talking to him when I told Kade to stand against the wall. We tried to bribe him out of the picture but he wasn't moving as long as Kade was there. Oh well it's a super cute picture of both of them!
Last night Kade came in my room at 2 AM to let me know that he knew what he was going to wear, "The perfect shirt for the first day. My JR Smith Elementary School Shirt!" I was glad he had it figured out but I was worried he was going to be a zombie all day at school since it seemed the anticipation was keeping him up. He did just great though. I was also worried about the sleep issue since he takes a nap every afternoon, but he hasn't seemed bothered by missing them. He does crash pretty hard on Saturday afternoon though.

No comments: