Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Last Hurrah!


I wanted to get in one last trip with the boys to 7 Peaks before school started-- it starts tomorrow so today is the day! :) Really I'd wanted to go earlier but the weather has been rainy so we didn't want to chance getting down there and not being able to go. Well this trip was going to be perfect-- I had it all figured out! Provo school district started last Monday so I thought the park would be bare-- wahoo! We headed down and arrived a little before 11. We were getting closer and Kade said, "No one is there mom! It'll just be us!" Then with the same enthusiasm he says, "And there is no water!" Why is he excited about that? Clearly he doesn't understand that isn't a good thing. Turns out that 7 Peaks starts opening at 4 PM when Provo school starts. :( That puts a damper on the day. We remembered Aunt Wendy was heading into the MTC today so we called them and they were having lunch at the Subway right by us so we went and had lunch and tried to come up with a plan for our "Last Hurrah." I figured there wasn't anything else we could do but head to Trafalga. I couldn't remember how to get there and so after a lot of phone calls and a few missed exits we finally arrived. We only had about an hour to play because I had to get back to Heber for a faculty meeting. There was hardly anyone at Trafalga so the boys went on the rides over and over and over. Cole was so good to just hang out and watch the boys have fun. They really wanted to do the water boats but without someone to watch Cole while we were in the boats it wasn't an option. On our way out of the park Kade was saying something about how much he wanted to go on the boats as we walked by them. The girl running the boats told him he and Clint could go together by themselves. Yea for the girl who bent the rules! She really made their day. On the way back to Heber I just couldn't bring myself to taking the boys home and leaving them with a babysitter especially since this would be the last chance we'd have to go to 7 Peaks before it closed. I decided that since I've been to the meeting every year this year was going to be the one I just couldn't make. I was really torn by it because I just don't miss things like that but I just knew where I needed to be. Sometimes you just know when you need to be with your family and today was one of those days. Darryl has been gone a lot lately and so I really hated not having one of us spending the evening with the boys before their first morning of school. So, I turned toward 7 Peaks and the boys were so surprised that we weren't going home. It was such a fun night. The boys had a blast in the wave pool.

No comments: