Sunday, December 11, 2011

Breakfast In Bed

So I woke up this morning and could hear the boys rustling around in the kitchen/family room.  I didn't think much of it and just enjoyed lying in bed for as long as it would last.  If they were happy playing I didn't see any need to get up.  Darryl was awake too and "looking at his phone"(He could have been e-mailing, reading the news, researching something, playing scrabble. I just say he's looking at his phone now.)  A few minutes later Kade and Clint walked through our door with breakfast on a cookie tray.  I had a suspicion that they were making breakfast in bed because I could hear them getting out the tray.  They had two bowls with corn chex (not our favorite but we'll eat mostly anything those boys will make us) all ready to go for Darryl and I.  They are such thoughtful little guys.  Kade loved doing it so much he's talking about what he's going to bring in tomorrow.  :)  Side note:  It's been over a month and it never happened again.  But the one time it did was the greatest--that's all I needed was to see my sweet boys being thoughtful.

No comments: