Thursday, July 12, 2012

Yani

The Redmond Trading Team had tickets to Yani tonight.  When I was in high school and college Yani's CDs played for hours on my radio while I studied.  I thought it would be fun to hear the music agian.  I got so much out of the performance tonight.  I was amazing to watch each musician that is part of his ensemble.  Their talents were unlike any that I've ever seen.  His drummer was phenomenal.  Yani briefly talked about each of them and they were from all around the world.  I think it is symbolic for the message he shared.  He talked about how when the astronauts are up in space how they can't tell one country from another because the dividing lines are not there.  He talked about how we create lines to separate us instead of just embracing all and loving everyone.  That may sound flowery but it really struck a chord with me.  I wish the world was united with the cause of just helping each other get through the day.  What a neat thought.

No comments: