Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Frenzie

Today was the Relief Society Friday Frenzie. I wasn't going to do a project because Darryl was suppose to be out of town, I didn't really need any of the projects and I knew that day was going to be insane. I hadn't signed up . . . until 3 days ago. About a week ago I was working on the computer and noticed Kade playing by the wall near the bathroom door. He had been there for a while and was mumbling to himself like he was trying to figure something out. I stopped what I was doing and asked, "What are you doing buddy?" I figured it out pretty quickly as I came around the corner. He was writing on the wall with a sharpie! My 7 year old! I have never had a kid really write on the wall and now my 7 year old is?!. He quickly explained that I need to keep track of how tall my kids are and that we mark it on the wall. He was making lines of how tall he thought he was when he was 3, 4 . . . etc. "They do it at Abby's house," he told me. I knew what he was talking about. Abby's family has a board on their wall that looks like a ruler and they mark the kids height on it. I quickly explained that it was a board they were marking not the wall and began scrubbing the marker off the wall. SO what does this have to do with Friday Frenzie? One of the projects is a ruler board, a Measure Me board. For the next 2-3 days Kade kept asking, "Can we could make a Measure Me board today?" I would usually say no not today, so he would ask the next day. I finally just decided to do one with the Relief Society so I made some calls and after a little work we have our own board. I marked the boys height from what we had written down and what the doctors office visits had said. I don't really trust the doctor office measurements we had just because the weren't taken with them standing up. It has been fun though to see the general comparison of the boys heights. Kade supposedly was the longest when born but the shortest at each year mark. I doubt that really was the case though especially because he was so premature. I think from here on out they will be more accurate; made me wish I had made a board a long time ago.

No comments: