Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kade is 8!

Kade turned 8 today! It's so hard to believe that I have an 8 year old. I remember when my siblings first child turned 8 and I thought they were SO old. I don't feel very old and I don't feel like Kade is super old either. Funny how perceptions change. For Kade's Birthday he wanted to go to Build A Bear and he wanted a lightning bolt chocolate cake with blue icing. Well he settled for red velvet instead of chocolate and loved it. He thought the lightning bolt was awesome too. I think his actual words were, "Snap! That's awesome, right?!." He's going through the strange stage of realizing things are "babyish" and wanting to be a "big" kid. Hence the new language.  I found some trick candles and had to get them.  I knew Kade would think that was so funny. *Reference the last picture.*  It was hilarious.  He would blow them out and then they would relight again and again and again and again.  It was worth every penny.  Life was so crazy this week trying to get things taken care of before we went on our cruise, and we would be gone on the 12th so we celebrated a few days early. Kade loved Build a Bear, which surprised me.  I have never been able to understand the hype it has.  Well after we went I understood.  They make the experience so fun for the kids. Kade loved giving his bear a "bath" and combing it.  We decided to let Clint and Cole get bears to but they didn't get accessories.  They put a heart inside the bear that you can push and hear/feel it beat, plus a little music box that plays, "You don't know your beautiful" by One Degree.  Kade danced to that for days.  Since Build A Bear was Kade's birthday party we let Cole and Clint get an animal too.  Kade's specialty treatment was that he got to pick out an accessory to go with his bear.  He chose a little tent for his bear.  These are Kade, Clint and Cole's Build A Bear pets.

No comments: