Friday, August 8, 2008

A 3 Day Tour

So what do you do when gas is $4.25? You take a tour of the state of Utah. It was our Youth Conference last weekend. We headed out Thursday morning with 17 teenagers to discover Utah. We started the trip playing at the wave pool in Price, then that night we went to the Castle Valley Pageant,










and camped in Huntington Canyon (where we froze all night-- seriously I was so cold I never slept).










The next morning we got up and got dressed to go to the temple to do baptisms. What an odd sight to see a group of people in dress clothes breaking camp. I wish I would have gotten my camera out earlier to get some better pictures of that. We then drove over the mountain to Manti to the temple. After we were done there we headed back to Ephraim to the Institute for a short fireside. Then it was off to Fremont Indian State Park where we spent the night. We spent the last day at Cove Fort and then headed back to Heber. What a great trip. The kids were awesome the whole time-- thankfully. A great bonus of the trip was every place we stopped I saw someone I knew-- I love seeing old friends!

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

Cute pictures of the girls - as always!

Jenny said...

Very fun! The girls look like they had a lot of fun. I saw them in the park and they said it was a great time! SORRY YOU FROZE!

Stacie Aho said...

How cool. What a need experience.