Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1st Shiner

We woke last night to Kade crying hysterically. I ran to his room to find him standing by his door saying he fell out of his bed.

Side Note: About a week ago Darryl decided to transform Kade's bed to a toddler bed. Until now he has been sleeping in his crib and doesn't dare climb out on his own. I've been fine with that because then we don't have to deal with him coming in at night, or deal with him not going to bed at bed time and just playing in his room. He has been great about it though-- YEA!

I brought Kade into bed with Darryl and I and kept trying to calm him down but he just wouldn't relax and stop crying. Finally he could talk and said, "But I'm not okay." I wondered if he was really hurt. Usually if we talk to him and tell him he's okay after he gets hurt he'll settle down. I asked him to let me touch where he hurt and he put my finger on is face and it felt kind of tacky. Hmmm. I think he's bleeding. I get up and turn on the light and find he really smashed his face good. Now that we knew he was really hurt he settled down and fell asleep. We figure he rolled over or lifted his head up to flop it on his pillow and hit the rail. Kade definitely didn't win that fight.




KADE



VS



CRIB






THE WINNER IS CRIB

10 comments:

rosie said...

Ohhh, Kade I am sorry you got hurt! Those crazy transitions can be rough! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Stacie Aho said...

OUch! Poor guy. That is so nasty!

Jenny said...

Thank goodness for blogs because that little scar will attract all the chicks someday and he will want to know how he got it!

Rachel said...

that looks horrible, poor little man!
I bet that sticky feeling on your hand made your heart pound a little faster - oh the worry a mother has!

Rhiannon said...

Darryl, this is a blast from your past. Emily found you by mistake and here you are. It sure is fun to reconnect with all the "oldies" from the past and see how much life has changed everyone.

Beautiful family!

Stephanie said...

Oh poor guy! I can't believe how much he looks like Darryl though. Holy cow!

K'Brina Colby said...

OOHHH...That is so sad and now I am really nervous. We just did the same thing to Emersons crib. All the milestones and all the bruises. I am not sure that I am ready for all this toddlers stuff, how 'bout you?

Autumn said...

Bless his little heart! I am glad I won't be dealing with toddler beds for quite a while! That is quite the shiner!

Maria said...

ouch! That had to have hurt. He is such a cutie. You have the cutest boys and I love that they are cute little buddies. You'll be glad you documented his first shiner with a picture. I didn't with Conners and I really wish I had.

The Cox Family said...

How sad! I had to work last Sunday so I didn't to see it. I sure hope he is feeling better!