Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well we had a great weekend with our families. This year we spent a couple days with my family and then a couple with Darryl's. Thanksgiving is always great but I wish it could be the huge family reunion that we use to have. We went from typically having around 50 people to around 10. My mom asked me what kind of pie I wanted this year. I replied, "Oh, the usual; Banana cream, coconut cream, butterscotch, jumbleberry, pumpkin, chocolate, and I guess we better have a pecan, apple, and cherry for those who like that." I'm so use to having every flavor of pie I wasn't sure what to think when it was said we could only have a few. It ended up that Buzz, Bobbie, McKylee, Barb, Jori, Danny, Mom, Dad, Darryl, Kade, Clint, and I got to split 6 pies. My dad started a new family tradition this year. He had us all say what we were thankful for. I was thankful for Darryl having a great job. With all of the problems with the economy and people loosing their jobs there isn't much that would scare me more than to have to deal with that. I feel so sick for those who are desperately trying to find work.


The week before Thanksgiving Kade randomly announced he wanted to make a gift for Grandma. I asked him what she would want and he flashed back with, "A Lightning McQueen!" We made these cars out of boxes. As soon as we finished one Kade started playing with it on the floor. He was having so much fun and I heard him say, "Come on little car, Grandpa's gonna' have so much fun playing with you!" I thought they were for Grandma but I guess he figured Grandpa would enjoy it too. He was pretty excited to give the cars to them this weekend, and of course they loved them.

4 comments:

renee' said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe you should have bagged the turkey and just eaten pie. They all sound delicious! You could have served them on the car.

The Cox Family said...

That is great you were able to visit both of your families. If you are looking for a big family gathering you are welcome to come to my inlaws. I have such a small family so when we go to his family it is crazy! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Oh, and I love your Lightning McQueen car!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Cute car! Carboard creations are my favorite!

deb said...

that car is the greatest thing I have ever seen. you are so cute Jenn. I miss you too. and I would love to see you. also will you email me your address so I can send you a christmas card? My email is deborahnish@hotmail.com.
k love you bye