Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well 2009 came rather uneventfully. It's not that Darryl and I don't enjoy playing games and staying up with friends we just don't ever do anything about organizing some fun, maybe because it's always so tricky doing the babysitter thing until after midnight. So this year we watched a movie and were in bed before midnight. I did hear the fireworks though so I guess I rung in the new year. LOL Darryl was snoring softly so he rang it in happily too. : )
I've got to document my resolution in hopes that is helps me to stick to it. I resolve to read scriptures everyday. Overall life improves when I read everyday. I have a more personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus. I react to things better because I see things with an eternal perspective. I gain understanding of the gospel. With all these 'pros' and only 1 pathetic 'con'(I can't find the time), you'd think it would be so easy to just do it. Wish me luck! : )

I had my own little party tonight though. The Utah Bowl game was GREAT! I'm not a Ute fan in anyway shape or form. I did cheer hard for them though for 2 reasons: I wanted to see them have a perfect record; I wanted all of the football 'gurus' to think a little before they overlook a team because they're part of the Mountain West Conference. What an awesome experience for them!

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

I always think about really fun parties and such at New Year's too. It never happens for us either. Usually I can't talk Gary into it. This year, we ate dinner at my parent's house, got home by 8:30 and I fell asleep at 9:45. I did hear the fireworks too though and they made me smile. Maybe when our kids are older we won't be such party poopers!

Jenny said...

LUCK!

rosie said...

That is my #1 new year's resolution also...to have personal scripture study along with family study! Maybe we can keep each other going!!!
That was a great game!!! I was in Oregon watching the game with my family, who are NOT Ute fans either, but during that game you would've thought we were! My Dad said, "This is funny, we were cheering for BYU to beat Utah and now we are cheering for Utah to win!" Go Figure!!!