Saturday, February 14, 2009

I {heart}. . .

Things I {heart} about Kade. . .

  • He insists on giving me Eskimo kisses every night when I tuck him in.
  • His favorite thing to do is play "sleepover." You pretend it's Christmas; decorate the tree, make cookies for Santa, and go to sleep. Then you take turns being Santa and bringing in toys to put under the tree while everyone is 'sleeping'.
  • His slight dimple on his right cheek.
  • He loves to make German Pancakes with his dad.
  • He thinks Kamas Pool is the greatest place on Earth, and is so proud when he swims all by himself.
  • He wants to slip-n-slide everyday.
  • When referring to someone that is smart he says, "I'm almost going to cry, you're so smart." or if I say he is smart he says, "I'm almost making you cry, I'm so smart."
  • He loves to sing and really puts emotion into what he sings.

Things I {heart} about Clint . . .

  • All he could ever really want is to play "Docious"(Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious) on Granny's player piano.
  • When we put him to bed he asks for us to sing "Docious" and then he says, "I do the pedals." He moves the blankets off of him and then lightly taps his toes.
  • He could eat a yogurt anytime. (I remember I was that way too, even though we didn't have them very often.)
  • He can only have his binki when he is in his bed so he tries to sneak it. He acted like he was reading a book and walked around with it covering his face. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Hiding." When I pulled the book away from his face I discovered why; It was so he could suck his binki.
  • He is always humming or singing a little song.
  • He was playing/fighting with Kade and heard Clint hit Kade. I immediately turned around and asked a guilty looking Clint if he hit his brother. With a blank look on his face he said, "No. I was just playing Duck, Duck, Goose." Though he does love to play it I'm sure that wasn't what really happened.
  • He is very independent and says, "I will do it," many, many times each day.

Valentines Day was nice. The boys (Darryl included) each brought me a box of candy and Darryl included a card. It was pretty sweet of them all. Kade was so excited about them bringing me candy-- I think he really was just excited about the possibility of him getting some of it. Later that day I kicked Valentines for Darryl and the boys. My mom sent her traditional sugar cookies to us, and a valentine card and candy for the boys, so I included all of that in the pile of Valentines on the porch. I rang the doorbell then ran back in the house and acted busy. The boys and Darryl ran up the stairs to get the door. They were so excited to see the loot on the porch. I asked Kade how he thought Grandma got her Valentines on our porch and he said, "I think maybe she's in the backyard; Let's go check." I told him that I thought cupid must have brought it for her. I remember as a kid my mom and dad kicking us a valentine every year. It always consisted of a card for each child and mom's sugar cookies. Fun traditions. Later that night we got a babysitter and Darryl and I went to dinner with some friends. It was such a fun night. Two of the gals were husband-less, but they talked like they were married so I don't know if they even missed their spouse. My favorite quote of the night was between them: One asks disgustedly, "You're getting salmon?" To which the other replies bluntly, "Look, if I'm going to be watching you eat a bloody cow all night you can deal with my fish."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your list.

We should come and go to the Kamas pool with you sometime. I have heard how fun it is.

No...I don't have Tori's blog address. Would love to get back in touch with her too. Let me know if you get it.

Spencer's Adventures said...

That's a cute idea. I just can't get over Kade lately. He has grown up so much...and he is so funny. He had my mom cracking up the other day. It's crazy to see everyone grow up, but fun at the same time.