Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who knew

Note: This is more of a journal entry so I can remember how I felt and what was going on in life-- pretty depressing.

Well this week has been full of shock for me. First, I heard that the local grocery store laid-off 30 people. The next day I find out that everyone I work with lost their jobs too. They planned on shutting down the college; they've since reconsidered that and decided to offer classes but have no staff. We're talking about a couple without jobs, a single mom, people that have worked there for over 20 years, etc. Oh, my heart is just breaking for them. There are some that transferred up from the main campus only to have it blow up on them. I just feel so relieved that Darryl has job, but at the same time I feel so scared that it all could go away in a flash; just like it did for those I work with. I wish I new what it is going to take to fix this economy.
Then yesterday we found out that a guy that was like Darryl's Siamese twin was caught spying on and filming young girls dressing. It sounds so cliche to say it but seriously this guy is just not the type of guy that would do something like this. To make matters worse he was a school teacher and had a cute family of his own. I think the most of Darryl's time spent in Cedar City was with this guy. He taught Darryl how to paragliding so we spent many days at the golf course flying. We also spent many nights together hanging out, and playing games. We did our spooky dinner with them every Halloween. I just can't imagine what they're going through.

My heart is just aching for everyone lately.
I guess you just never know about life or people.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

wow
You don't realize how this economy is so messed up until you know someone, or lots of of someones, without a job. That is so crazy! I think my little world is so secure, I guess it isn't.

Lisa said...

How depressing. Yea its getting scary. The slyness of the advisery is more powerful than we sometimes realize

Katie said...

Who knew is exactly right! Things will somehow get better, right? Thanks for always having a smile on your face! The students love you! Thanks for everything!