Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bunk Bed

As I mentioned in the earlier post we purchased a bunk bed this weekend. Well the bunk bed deserves a post devoted to only it. Kade couldn't wait to sleep in his new bed. We had told him he would sleep on the top and Clint would sleep on the bottom. We had second thoughts about this simply because we didn't want him trying to climb down the ladder and night if he needed to go to the bathroom, and both of them aren't going to be using the bed for a while since Clint is still in a crib. When we told Kade he would sigh and kind of sulk(not it a bad way, just out of sincere disappointment). All morning long he says, "I just want to go to bed." When I say you just woke up he says, "Lets play Go Fish on my top bed!" We've spent most of our waking moments on the bunk beds playing sleep over (see "I {heart}" post), or other games. So if you need to find me I can usually be found on the top bunk, if I'm not there. . . check the bottom bunk, and if you still can't find me I can occasionally be found under the bottom bunk. : )
Kade is also very concerned about "his ladder." He doesn't want anyone to break it so don't be offended if you're ever at our house and he says he doesn't want you to climb on the ladder because he doesn't want you to break it. He tells us to be careful so we don't break it quite often. I don't know where kids get these things! It's strange how much more grown up he seems to me now that he's in a 'real big boy' bed. I know it sounds like a pathetic dream of a typical mom, but really want him to stay my baby forever. I'm not ready to have only big boys and no babies at my house.

Just a cute picture of my baby.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Bunk beds--just what we are looking at too. I think it is okay that kids share a room even if you have an extra room! I'll have to take the kids to the Mayan--maybe we could plan a lunch date!

Sarah said...

Adorable, bunk beds are the best...actually, I'm pretty sure that is why my little sis and I are so close... because we always shared a room, and with the bunks, no one ever touched the other one with their cold feet in the middle of the night! :)

Sarah said...

Adorable, bunk beds are the best...actually, I'm pretty sure that is why my little sis and I are so close... because we always shared a room, and with the bunks, no one ever touched the other one with their cold feet in the middle of the night! :)

renee' said...

Wow, what a beautiful piece of furniture and I'm lovin' how much they are lovin' it. I have so many good memories of the bunkbeds that we grew up with. And, seriously that is one cute little smile. I see so much of you in him!

K'Brina Colby said...

We just got bunkbeds. It is some pretty serious stuff, the ladder, the sleeping arrangements, and at my house we don't allow playing on our beds, so trying to explain that it isn't a toy(the ladder) has been a nightmare in itself...

And I am with you...can't we just stop time... I'm not ready for big kid stuff...

Autumn said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing up! I love how you said that if you can't find you that you would be playing on the bunk beds! how cute.

Rachel said...

super good looking beds!
How very fun that will be.
Having bunk beds at our house growing up was just part of growing up, it was wonderful! I hope your boys come to love it as much too.

Jenny said...

I remember being freaked out about the top bunk and pee pee during the night! It works somehow, scary but it works! I do think Jacob was a little older than Kade when he first went into bunk beds. I think he was 5!