Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Captain Veggie!

At story time today they talked about the letter V for vegetables. Miss Sally called in Captain Veggie to help "rid the world of junk food." She had a few adults acting like they were drinking soda, and eating chips and candy. She left to go 'find' Captain Veggie and returned as Captain veggie in her bright red tights, cape, bunny mask, celery stick, and bag of mini carrots. She shared the carrots and took away the junk food. It was so cute and funny. Then for the craft the kids made their own capes out of trash bags and colored a V badge for their chest. The boys just wanted to get to the dressed up part so we didn't get their badges on. Here are a couple pictures of the boys and Abby. They stood on the air vent and it made their capes fly up. It was hilarious. Abby and Kade kept referring to each other as Captain Abby and Captain Kade. Such a cute day.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I need to take my boys to story time with you! What a great and fun activity! They look so cute in their capes!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Cute pictures! I am sorry I missed that one. I think my mom has a good time there though.

renee' said...

Hooray for Miss Sally! She does an amazing job, looks like tons of fun and I love that they flew with their capes by the "V"ent.