Thursday, November 5, 2009

Random Day

I'm wanting to write more about just average day-to-day events, so here is an average day with a few twists. After I taught my class this morning I picked up the boys from the Spencers then took them home to get a quick snack. Then we headed down to Orem/Provo to "get out" and do something fun with Wendy, Abby, & Baby James(will I ever be able to call him James?). We went to the Orem city park and the kids played and played. They had a great time but hunger set in and so it was off to the greatest "Happy-Meal Place"(that's what the boys call McDonalds) I've ever been in. It was the nicest looking, cleanest, and had the coolest playland. There was a slide that was a piano so when the kids would slide down it plays the keys--so cool. Well we were just packing up to leave and Wendy's water bottle spilled; No biggie but she had to go get someone to mop up the water. Then we're putting on the kids shoes and Kade starts out the Emergency Exit. The alarms sound and I'm trying to get Clint's shoe on before he falls off the bench and so Wendy goes to get someone again. Meanwhile a lady goes over and pulls on the door and the alarm stops. Nice. We went different directions from here. I ran with the boys to KMart, then headed to Walmart. It is about 3 PM and my boys are SO tired they can hardly keep their eyes open. As I'm driving to WalMart I just happen to look in my mirror and see Clint completely freaking out. He was doing the mouth open silent scream/cry and thrashing back and forth. WHAT!?. I tried to talk to him. He just kept saying he wanted his Dad. Kade, meanwhile is setting next to him completely asleep and oblivious to the drama. Clint is crying so hard he's coughing and throwing up. I'm trying to settle him down but he just wouldn't calm down. Finally we arrived at Walmart and I climbed in the back with him and talked to him. He calmed down and started drifting off while I'm talking to him. He was so tuckered out poor little guy. I didn't want to make another trip to Walmart and he said he felt better so I cleaned up the throw up and threw his clothes and blankie into one of the bags from Kmart put his jacket on him and we headed into Walmart. Both the boys were great. We did have a 15+ minute intermission to our shopping. Kade had to go #2-- so I baracaded all of us in the family bathroom. Where Clint and I kept asking Kade, "Are you done?" With that taken care of I grabbed every thing I needed and we headed home with a stop at the Bombay House to pickup a special surprise for Darryl for dinner. Clint and Kade slept the second we left Walmart until we arrived in Heber. They were both so glad to be able to sleep. I was just happy that Clint's little episode wasn't illness related. I really didn't want to deal with a flu bug(but when would I ever want to?--Never). Once we were home we ate some Chicken Tiki Masala, Chicken Saag, and Garlic Naan quickly with Darryl and then he rushed out to scouts. The boys took a bath, and then helped me clean up the house and put away all of the items we bought. Then it was off to bed for my two sleepy heads. Darryl and I watched a movie-- of course I was grading papers as I watched. Then it was off to bed for us.

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

Holy cow! I was wondering if you were just getting back that late. I never made it to Costco. I had to rush home to meet Tyler...only to have him leave 10 minutes later to get to his Thursday play night with his friend. I so need to plan ahead. Sorry about Clint. It took me a long time to stop calling him baby Clint by the way. That was fun. I love how you tell the story! We'll have to do it again.

K'Brina Colby said...

Exhausting!!

deb said...

Love hearing about your day. Love you.