Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blog to Book

Some may wonder why I've gone crazy with the amount of blogging I've been doing lately. Here's why:











I used blurb.com to change my blog to books and I LOVE them. [I used blurb because a long time ago one of my fellow bloggers posted about it and I uploaded the free bookmaking software. There may be a better co. I didn't do much looking around.] You can spend a lot of time designing them but I didn't do anything fancy just uploaded the posts and then chose layouts for each page that would optimize the picture sizes. It took a little while to do but it was nothing compared to the time I've spent scrapbooking. I did 2 years in a matter of hours and it cost me less than it would to get the pictures developed! Wahoo-- love a good deal!!! Each book was about 120 pages for $50-- that includes taxes and shipping.


Things I learned doing these:



  1. premium paper is the same as the other paper just a little thicker

  2. go with the image wrap option, otherwise it's just a paper cover and when that is destroyed there is no cover

  3. make sure you check to see if anyone's head is cut off after you select a new layout : (

  4. journaling just got a whole lot nicer!!!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I need to do other years... Did you do a year at a time?

Bree said...

I'm going to look into that! Thanks for sharing! :)

Bree said...

which size of book did you choose?

Jenn said...

Jenny and Bree:

I did a year at a time-- I'm working on 2007 right now.

I did the portrait 8 x 10. I just figured that way it would fit on my bookshelf with other books better-- no other reason.

renee' said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I have been wanting and needing to do this. I really appreciate you sharing what you learned! How exciting to have it for you little ones to look at and enjoy and you too!

The Cox Family said...

I have been wanting to do this for quite sometime. Thanks for all of the tips!