Thursday, April 22, 2010

i'm sorry




Well Mr. Clint and Mr. Kade were in the backyard playing today. They like to walk along the railroad tie wall that lines the garden. I hollered to them to make sure they didn't step on any of the dirt or play in the garden. We planted the peas, onions, corn, chard, and beets yesterday. Kade came in to use the bathroom and about 15 min. later Clint runs through the door excited as can be. "Look what I found!" thinking he'd just found some great buried treasure. "Peas and corn!" I quickly turned my head in his direction and I wanted to cry and scream. He had a handful of seeds! He helped plant them so why would he take them out? What do I do with that kid! I took the seeds and ran out to the garden to try to find the stirred up soil. I couldn't figure out where they were plucked from so I guessed. We'll see how crazy the garden looks this year. I should have been nicer to him but I was frustrated that I'd told him not to mess in the dirt and he still did. He just kept saying, "I'm sorry." In the end it isn't that big of a deal and so I say I love you little boy and the crazy cute things you do-- like get excited about finding buried treasure that you put there yourself.

2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Hahaha... totally sounds like MJ. I so want to scream at the things he does many days a week, but sometimes I can't help but laugh. That one would have made me nuts! You are so good to have the patience you do :)

Jenny said...

So cute, but so sorry that it happened!