Monday, April 12, 2010

Date with Clint




Since Darryl had Kade for a special trip Clint and I needed to have a special day together. Sunday I watched him wash his hands which always turns into playing in the water and I thought, 'He needs to go to the Discovery Museum." So today we went. He LOVED it--beyond LOVED it. He can't quit talking about it and telling everyone in a screeching voice that he went to the museum. He loved the helicopter as long as the real helicopter noise button wasn't pushed. He liked the water sink a lot but he did leave it to go play in the grocery store, the construction site, and the ball beehive. I think his ultimate favorites were the helicopter and the balls. It was so much fun to just have a day all about him. We did whatever he wanted when he wanted(with reason) and it was so great to watch him have such a good time. It was an added bonus that few people were there and I found discount tickets!-- I was happy too. Cole was an angel through it all. I had to feed him once at the museum, no biggie just sat on the couch in the corner of the tot play area and Clint played in there while I fed him, other than that he was just content all day.For dinner he wanted to go to, "The pizza place with the fire oven(aka Cafe Galleria)." He loves to dump the parmesean cheese on his plate and lick it up-- terrible manners and disgusting-- I know. This time I talked him into rubbing his pizza in the cheese and eating it that way. He was beaming all day. I loved "Clint Day."

1 comment:

Spencer's Adventures said...

What an awesome idea. I'm thinkin' I need to do more one on one days. They are so fun. I'm glad Clint had a fun time to keep him busy while Kade was away.