Sunday, August 15, 2010

Little Predicament

We had a little predicament at church today. As always a group of the Sunbeams needed to go to the bathroom so I let them go. I prefer that they all go in the women's that way if anyone needs help I can help them. However, the boys love to run to the boys bathroom before I can get there to guide them to the Women's. Well today was no different. All the boys went in the Men's and the girls in the Women's. I went in the girls and made sure they were set. Then I just stood by the doors of both. Girl after girl and boy after boy came out. I realized Clint was the only one left in there. What could be talking so long? Eventually I had one of the boys go in and ask Clint if he needed help. I thought for sure he must be in there waiting for someone to come wipe him or something so I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. Darryl was out of town so I would have to go into a class and ask a man to come wipe my son. Oh, a better idea would be to make sure no one was in the bathroom and have someone guard the door while I wiped Clint. Well that was not our predicament today. The little boy went in and then he came out saying, "Clint needs help." I shouted through the door and asked him what the problem was. He came out the door with his pants around his ankles and his shirt barely covering himself and he pronounced, "I lost my underwear." "What do you mean," I asked. "I can't find my underwear," he responded. Putting it all together I realized that when he got ready he must have taken off his underwear with his pajamas and then just put on his church pants. Somehow he didn't even notice until he went to pull his pants up and saw they weren't there. I was laughing, he was sad, and so I finally pulled it together to convince him that he would be okay until we got home.

No comments: