Saturday, August 14, 2010

Heber North 5K

Our stake put together a 5K run/walk today. It was quite fun to go as a family. Darryl has been running again lately since his knee has recovered--we think thanks to a great chiro-- so he ran the race and I pushed Cole and Clint in the stroller while Kade rode his bike. Darryl came in 4th and we came in a lot later. I was planning on walking the whole thing but Kade wanted to, "Win the Race!" SO I ended up jogging a lot to try to keep up with him. I could hardly walk afterwards. I've got to do something about my gimp leg! It's ridiculous that I can't walk after a short jog! Cole and Clint were okay for about half the race and cried during the other half. Kade says next year he wants to run with Dad so he can win the race-- we'll see-- he may just do it. There is a steep hill at the end of the race and 2 little girls crashed hard on their bikes so Clint graciously got out of the stroller so one of the girls could ride. He was so funny after he was out of the stroller. Once he could see the finish line he started running and didn't stop until he crossed the line.

3 comments:

renee' said...

I heard lots of good things about the race. So, glad you all got to participate and wow,4th place, impressive. Maybe, we'll have to set that as a goal for our family next year, that would be a very lofty goal for us.

I can't believe Cole got a haircut, we are just wondering when Will's will start growing?

renee' said...

Hey, if you want to send me your e-mail, I'll send you the kurma recipe. reneebraddy@gmail.com

Rachel said...

i missed it!
I wanted to participate but we were out of town
maybe it will be an annual event and Kade can win it!