Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Little Chef's in Training

We were making Chile Rellenos tonight and the boys ran in the kitchen and asked if they could help-- how could I say no. They were so excited to get their aprons on and they really wanted to use a knife. I found the dullest knives I have and put them to work chopping(mutilating) the tomatoes for the salsa. They did a pretty good job. Kade found a "new great way" to cut them. He would lay the knife flat and smash the tomato. "Then all the seeds come out and you just cut the rest." He was talking like he was on a food demonstration show--so cute. They zested the limes and then juiced them for me. I love that they loved to help me. They also helped get ingredients out-- I love my little chefs.

1 comment:

Spencer's Adventures said...

They look so cute in their aprons. I'm glad that you have good helpers!