Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Baby is 1!


We had a pretty low-key birthday day. We went to Midway to see the Ice Castles. Check out info about them here. It was so neat to walk around in them. I felt like I was in a Superman movie. The guy that makes(grows) them said that in a couple weeks they will be awesome but right now it looks like trash. I was baffled. It looked amazing to me. I guess it's all relative. We plan on going back to see them again and we want to go see them at night too when they have them lit up. That night we had cheesecake and he opened his present. I knew he loved cheesecake so I thought I'd go with that and not try traditional cake. Kade and Clint wouldn't even touch their cake and age 1 but Cole-- he put it away and he was totally happy about it. We gave him a little Mickey band set. It has a drum, maracas, tambourine, recorder, harmonica, and castanets. Just like I thought-- He loved it! The boys love it too. Kade said, "Now we can march around and be a family band!" so that is what we did.
The 411 about Cole. He loves to stand. He pulls himself up and tries to reach everything. He says, "Uuuuh a," whenever something drops-- which with his help stuff seems to drop often. I think he says, "Dadda" for Darryl too but he says it a lot more than just when he sees Darryl so it's questionable. He loves to laugh and squeal. He really wants to go down the stairs and with 4 people going up and downstairs frequently I loose my stomach worrying about the gate daily. I took Cole to his 1 year check up about a week early and he was 28 in(5%) and 17 lb. 1 oz(less than 5%). His head was 47 cm(70%). He fell off his growth curve on height and weight which had us concerned--hopefully he'll catch up since he started solid food way late. He's super good at buttons and using his little fingers to open things and play with things. He loves to push the buttons on the TV but when it changes it to snow he plops down and with a half scared half worried face he pouts-- so cute! He LOVES food and eats all the time. He eats as much as I do(example is 2.5 chicken enchiladas!). He loves to feed other people too-- he's such a sharer. Sometimes you don't want to be the recipient of the slobbery food he wants to share with you.

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

I just ran across your blog by accident but I LOVE the ice castles. That is absolutely amazing!

http://bobmel1995.blogspot.com/