Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blankie


When Kade was just a baby he became attached to this receiving blanket. I think he choose this one because as he got bigger I quit using the smaller receiving blankets and this was the biggest one we had. Well it is no longer the biggest, it is now the smallest. Over the past (almost) 6 years the edging fell off, then little by little the blanket would wear a hole so I would use a serger to cut off and sew up the worn area. The blankie has probably visited the serger half a dozen times. Darryl mentioned the other day that we should probably stick the blankie in a cedar chest before it's gone or take some pictures of it. So today when I was sewing it again I thought I better at least take some pictures of poor blankie. I decided to quit trying to keep it square and just take off the torn spots in order to save as much as possible.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

At our house, we love blankets, love them. All of my kids are attached to at least one. Funny about that! My blankey is in my cedar chest and I am not saying how old i was when it got put away!!!
I was looking at that fabric and I have curtains made out of that fabric print in flannel. That is probably what his blanket is made of, and I was thinking about making some new curtains. I will holler at you when I do, and he can have a NEW NEW blanket!!