Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Great Day


We started the day like most; Kade went to school-- which entailed all of us loading up on bikes and in the bike trailer and riding to school, I exercised and straighted the house, Cole played and darted around, and Clint played the computer. Then we played outside all day. I put Cole down for a nap and then Clint and I started edging the lawn. Starting the edger took most of my time and so I didn't get finished before we needed to head to the school to pick up Kade. Then it was lunch and nap time for Kade and Clint. I promised them that I would wait to finish the lawns when they were awake so Cole and I played in the flowerbeds, weeding them and moving tulips around. Not the time of year to do that-- the tulips are all droopy and sad now but I've been meaning to do it for about 5 years now so I had to do it when I had the time. They were just coming up sporadically so they needed to be repositioned. We also had a bush that was always getting covered up by our beautiful bleeding heart so I moved the bush too and hopefully it survived the move. The boys woke up and came out and played out side. I finally stopped to feed Cole lunch and then put him down for his 3 o'clock nap. Then I finished edging the lawn. Darryl ended up getting home earlier than expected from Connecticut which was nice. We quickly loaded up the truck and ran up to Whisky Springs to roast a hot dog. It was so fabulous out there. We played a little baseball and hiked the trial. I was carrying Cole on the hike and he started wiggling to get down. I put him down and he marched right up the steep hill; His steps weren't straight but he managed. Darryl picked him up and put him on his shoulders and then he started bopping up and down like he was riding a horse. His smile is stretched from ear to ear most of the time but this time it was stretched a little longer. The boys(aka Kade and Clint) wanted to go on an adventure all by themselves. They promised to stay on the trail and Darryl gave them a quick review on what to do if they ever get lost in the mountains, then they were off. I was pretty nervous about it but they both ended up back with us. Then Kade asked if he could go all by himself. I wasn't about to agree to that; I knew he could do it but wow I'm just not ready for that. Darryl said okay and Kade was off. He was so proud of himself. Then Clint wanted a turn. He too was fine-- I can't believe how grown up my little boys are getting! Clint did fall and skin his knee right at the end but he didn't cry a bit!(he's usually pretty quick to cry so that was great!) After we ate and we made banana boats. When we started making them Darryl asked me if I wanted one or if I just wanted to finish the boys when they didn't. Well I wanted my own and it was a good thing I ordered one because they had 2 a piece! I could just sit back and watch my boys love life-- there's just nothing better. We packed up and headed back home. Then it was tub time for the boys. I bathed Cole quickly and put him to bed. While the older boys were showering I went and finished mowing the lawns. Wow what a full day! Darryl and I ended the day watching TV and then it was time for some shut eye! Life is fabulous!

No comments: