Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Surprise


Happy Mother's Day!
I should not be surprised that Darryl surprised me again but he did it. I was completely not expecting my gift he got me this year. I'll give the history of how the gift came to be. Last week while on he was on the road Darryl e-mailed me and said he wanted to take the two older boys to lunch on Wednesday. I figured it was just to give the boys some daddy time-- which they were so excited about. They couldn't wait for their "date with dad." Well he had something up his sleeve. He did take the boys to lunch in Park City and they were going to go to a movie but there wasn't anything great playing. They also had another stop that remained a secret. The boys loved saying, "but I'm not going to tell you about that," or "I can't tell you Mom." On Saturday Darryl and Clint went to run a quick errand-- by quick I mean 1 hour. I guessed they went to Park City again but had no idea why. Well today the surprise was revealed. They had gone to Color Me Mine and made me ceramic plates. I love them and I'm so happy to have something that will remind me of my 6 and 4 year old boys.

As for the Mothers in my life-- they continue to amaze me and inspire me. I learn from them to accomplish all I can in a day and to always keep others happiness in mind. I also learn from them that the gospel is essential and something that you're never too old to quit studying. I love my mom(so glad she was mine), my grandmothers, and my mother-in-law. All of this seems so cliche but I know how lucky I am to have these women in my life. I really admire the mothers immediately around me to; Like all of my friends and neighbors. It is from them that I am often to reminded how to be a good mother to my children. I hope this day everyone is reminded how influential all women are for good.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great present! Good job, Darryl!

Rachel said...

I love it, what a great Mothers Day present for you. It is so sweet that they loved keeping a secret too . .