Saturday, October 22, 2011

This Year's Line Up




A friend from Darryl's work invited us over for a Halloween Party.  We've never been to one and though we knew it was Harry Potter based we hoped us Harry illiterate people would be okay.  Everyone else was sporting their Harry Potter characters except us.  Then they divided us up into teams with team names that we'd never heard of.  It wasn't looking so good.  They put up with our ignorance and explained everything so we ended up having a great time even though our Davey Crockett and Cat in the Hat were throwing off the theme a little.
Well there is a story behind the spooks this year.  Darryl's grandma had a Davey Crockett book that we just inherited and the boys have been loving it.  Kade was set on being Mr. Crockett.  It worked out too because Darryl had a coonskin hat from when he was a kid that fit Kade perfectly.  I love the picture of him pretending he's grinning down a "bar" [bear].   Since Kade was Davey, Darryl decided to be George Russell, Davey's sidekick.  As for Clint I'm not sure why Cat in the Hat was his choice.  The only thing I can think of was last year there were a couple cat's hats at the thrift store and so I asked them if they wanted to be that but they didn't.  I guess Clint regretted it so that's what he picked this year.  But no hat at the thrift store now so my mom and I made one while we were down there.  Mr. Cole didn't get a choice.  He got to be Peter Pan like Kade was.  I made this costume back when Kade was Cole's age and so I was happy to get more use out of it.  In trying to get the boys outfits ready I didn't get my own done so I quickly threw some of the boys pirate dress-ups on and tried to be Captain Hook with Peter Pan.  : /   Maybe next year I'll get my parachute ready. 

No comments: