Thursday, May 22, 2008

Great-Grandma Bosshardt

Darryl's Grandma Bosshardt passed away on Sun. May 18, 2008. She was feeling pretty good Saturday and then just passed in her sleep that night. She was almost 91 and doing fairly well. I couldn't hope for her to go any other way. Today we attended her funeral. I feel like this month I'm constantly being inspired to be a better mother. With Mother's Day and June's funeral I've been reminded how much I want to be a great mother too. Grandpa seemed okay but when he broke and cried my heart sank. I know he'll miss her for a while but they will be together again soon.
At the funeral there was so much talk of how she and Grandpa were still living such a great simple life. They would do puzzles, watch the Lawrence Whelk Show, and do dishes only by hand. For many years Grandma had an automatic washing machine but never used it. She was just happy to wash clothes like she always had-- by hand. What a woman!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sweet Grandma's. My Grandma Carma Long is a wonderful woman as well. My mom and I were just speaking on what a great mother-in-law she has been and how my mom tries to be like her.