Sunday, May 25, 2008

Singing Kade

Kade was such a cutie today-- as every day.
At Great Grandma's funeral he got to go up on the stand and sing with all the grand kids. So today during sacrament meeting he kept asking if he could go up and sing. I said, "What song are you going to sing?" Kade's reply, "Child of God." "Oh." I thought my question would stump him and he'd forget about it. However he was determined. He asked after each speaker if it was his turn to go sing. We told him he could go up and sing after sacrament meeting was over. So the meeting is over and everyone is filing out and Kade stood up on the side of the stand and sang 'I'm A Child of God'. It was so great! I hope he's always that willing to sing in public.

Tonight the conversation was funny too. I suggested, "Let's have a little Family Home Evening." Kade jumped up with an animated reply, "Okay, you play the piano(pointing to me). Dad will get the scriptures out(pointing to Darryl)." I asked, "What will you and Clint do?" "I'll sing. Clint won't sing. He's not a singer.(He laughs. hee hee) Clint will dance."

7 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

OH that's so cute!! I can't wait until MJ starts really talking, the things they say!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Sounds like he already knows the routine!

Rhi said...

Brave little kid! I love the family home evening story. I can tell who's in charge at your house.

renee' said...

Hi Jen, I finally found your blog! It looks great and I'm excited to stop by every now and again. I'll have to take pointers from you, I can tell you are much more advanced at blogging. Love the story about Kade singing "Child of God". too cute.

renee' said...

Hi Jen, I finally found your blog! It looks great and I'm excited to stop by every now and again. I'll have to take pointers from you, I can tell you are much more advanced at blogging. Love the story about Kade singing "Child of God". too cute.

Rachel said...

so sweet!
let me know next mothers day when Kade does a solo in sacrament so I can come and see him sing!

And Clint dance
hee hee

Maria said...

Well, Hello. I am so glad that you found our blog. It sounds like Kade and Conner would get along just fine. Conner likes to swim in rocks and on carpet. Your boys are sure cute. Looks like you guys are doing well. I will have to add your blog to ours. Things here are good, except being 7.5 months pregnant, 85+ degree heat, and 55%+ humidity are not a good combinations Thank heavens for air conditioning. Take care. Peek in on us any time.