Friday, May 1, 2009

More Info. About Food Co-Op Plus Another

Many want more info. so this is it in a nutshell:
There really isn't much to it, you fill out the application and mail, or fax it in along with your check for the total and then on the day of pick up you go between 9-9:45 AM to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Park City to pick it up. You walk in they give you a list of what you put in you boxes and then you put it in you car and viola you have food! I'll be going in May if anyone else wants me to pick it up for you.-- Remember sign up monthly so if you don't want to do it one month (or ever again) you don't have to.

ANOTHER CO-OP:
There is another Food Co-Op that I'm just getting a little more information about. If you want to know more about that one let me know. It is an organic food co-op and all the food is farmed down near Springville. With that one is runs for 18 weeks in the summer and you have to sign up for the complete 18 weeks and you pick up every week. It's mainly vegetables they did say the would have some fruits once in a great while. This is the food co-op we thought we were signing up for initially but when I went to get the food and it wasn't organic we new something wasn't right. So I'm still investigating the organic food co-op.
***UPDATE***
You can sign up for the second co-op by going to eastfarms.net Print off the application and send it in with $250 for a 1/2 share or $475 for a full share. You will get more info. later but about mid-June you will be able to start picking up your produce weekly in Park City if you live in the Heber area. There are other pick-up locations but you'd have to look into where they are at.

2 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

I'm in if you find out more about it...maybe we could trade off weeks...or just bring all our kids and stir up the place, then do something fun afterwards!

Jenn said...

Holy WOW! I just read my own post--can you say what??? I obviously was being distracted while I was trying to write. I fixed it though--sorry!