Saturday, August 15, 2009

I've got an idea. . .

So Darryl had to run to the office today to get something. Background info.: Just before he left one of my friends called to see if I was bacheloretting it tonight as she and another friend were and they wanted to get together. Darryl once was scheduled to be gone on another Birch/Orderville canyon trip but it was canceled. Not long after he left for the office he called and said, "I can't believe I'm suggesting this . . . why don't you, Wendy, and Heidi go do something and I'll watch all of the kids." This was SO out of character for Darryl, so I questioned him to see if he was really thinking about watching 6 kids all 5 and under by himself. He said he was thinking they could just order pizza and watch a movie and play. Well I thought I should take advantage of 'the opportunity of a lifetime during the lifetime of the opportunity.'(one of Darryl's favorite quotes) So I called the girls and we were all in for a girls night out. We went to dinner and had a great time. I think Wendy's night wasn't quite as relaxing given the fact that she was worried about her baby James being disruptive at the restaurant. He really wasn't a disruptive at all but when it's your kid it always seems worse. However, it was nice to just hang out with the girls and not have to worry about all the kids. When we arrived home everyone was fully intact and smiling, including Darryl. Thanks Love for giving us a few hours of get away-- I'm sure glad you had the thought and then did something about it. It may seem like a small act rendered to some but I know what an uncomfortable thing it was for you but yet you're so great at it and it really made 3 women happy. We're just hoping Gary and Brian are inspired the same so it will happen again. :)

No comments: