Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What to do with myself?

Tonight was my first Wed. night home in over 2 years. I was just released from beloved position working with the Young Women. There really is no place I'd rather be, but right now is my season to stay home with the boys. Darryl is the scout master for the 11 year-olds and they thought we'd be able to make it work by having scouts on Tues. After a few months they saw that wasn't going to work and so they released me. :( I just don't know what to do with myself tonight. I often find myself worrying about future activities. After the initial panic sets in I remember it isn't my worry anymore. I'll really miss working with the other leaders and the girls, but I know the girls really listen to the lessons and get into the Personal Progress program they will do amazing things.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I so remember that feeling. It will only take about 3 weeks and Wednesday nights will be normal again - you won't even bat an eye at what activity is supposed to be happening that night.
It is bitter sweet to be released from that calling. It is so great to be with your fam, but oh how you miss those amazing girls!

Enjoy your Wednesdays!

Richard and Sonia said...

I feel your pain! I've been out of young womens for almost two years now, they released me for the same reason! I was mad at first, thinking why they released me and not Richard! But I got over it. Anyway I find myself having stressful nightmares about girls camp every summer.Even though I'm not going. I guess I haven't gotten over it after all!

Katie said...

Now you can get ready to teach at UVU?

I'm glad you can have some time with your family. I'm sure the girls will miss you tons!