Saturday, August 29, 2009

The rest of the story. . .

So here is the story. . . for the past 3 years we've accepted the fact that we wouln't have anymore kids due to our doctor's strong recommendation. We wanted 1 more but thought the doc. knows best. Well, long story short, at a doc. visit under a year ago the doctor said that we could have another if we really wanted we'd just have to watch the pregnancy close. So one day we thought we were finished having kids and the next we were excited to have one more baby in our family. Darryl really wanted to wait until we knew if it was a boy or girl before we announced anything. Even though I wore a swimming suit with my family all day a couple weeks ago, and then spent a week at my mom's house no one knew. They all thought I was getting a little, "pudgy" but didn't expect pregnant.
SO HOW did we finally tell . . . if you didn't figure it out, we announced it on Facebook and my blog. I was shocked how quickly the word spread through Facebook. However, Darryl's mom didn't find out for 3 days! I really wanted to call her but Darryl thought it would be fun to just see how long it took and see how she found out. I refused to let my mom find out through Facebook/ my blog because she found out second hand with my other babies and wasn't too happy about it so I called her when we posted the news. It did take her about 5 min. to notice the baby floating on my blog, and she only noticed it because I finally told her to look in the top right corner.
I would NOT recommend announcing it on Facebook or a blog. Most of our friends felt like they were the last to know. I think they thought we'd already told "everyone" and then posted it to let all the other people we don't see very often know. However, the truth is we didn't tell anyone and most everyone found out the same way. Even after we posted we didn't say anything, just so we could see the true effects of cyberworld. All in all I'm glad the truth is out and now I can remember I'm pregnant. I spent the past 20 weeks trying forgetting I was pregnant so I wouldn't slip and let the secret out.
So we're due about Jan. 18th so the doc. has the C-section scheduled for the 11th. for now.
And now you know the rest of the story.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats.

Paul Harvey would be proud. :)

deb said...

I love it. you have a great story. I am so happy for you. I hope you are doing ok. and dont have too much sickness. you are amazing to be able to hide it for 20 weeks. I hope everything continues to go well. I really want to see you when we come back in town. love ya

K'Brina Colby said...

Congrats!! That is awesome. I haven't been blogging for almost a month and I just saw your post.
I'll bet your boys are super excited!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow! Congrats! I'm happy for you guys..

Our Crazy Family said...

Congratulations!!! We are going to have another too! We are not due until May though. good luck! :)

Bree said...

This is so funny! Isn't it funny how fast good news travels? Congratuations!

Stephanie said...

Oh my heck you and Danyette both did the exact same thing. I couldn't believe she managed to wait that long to announce it either. So exciting! The fun part is that you, her, and I will all have babies within one or two weeks of eachother. I find out next Weds. if I will be having a boy like the two of you or not! Congrats!
By the way....lucky youfor being able to hide it this long. I look like I am 7 months pregnant alreasy. sheesh!

Jenn said...

Steph-- when you and Danyette announced I was so excited to know that we were all due around the same time. I wanted to say something but I refrained. 5 Months is a long time to keep a secret.

Cassy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassy said...

Congratulations Jenn!

Dani said...

How exciting! I would love another baby, but then the infertility issues would start again, sigh. I am not ready for that again yet. I bet you are super exctied!

huntsmanfamily said...

So I suck. I am slow at everything. I am so happy for you. I miss you tons. One day I will get to be a good friend and come see you. Congrats and I am so so excited for you. Keep me posted.