Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2nd Generation Zip Line

Today Kade had a great idea, "We can play sunitjump-it-trum." [I can't really remember what he called it but it was obviously just random syllables.] I said, "Hm, I've never played that before. How do we play?" "We need a straw, string, blanket . . ." He was rambling on and to be honest I was doing something else at the time so I really wasn't paying much attention to him. He ran and got a straw from the drawer and brought it to me, so I put away my project and started playing sunitjump-it-trum. I remembered we needed string so I went and got a small ball of yarn. Kade started describing what we were going to do. The blue print was basically a zip line down our stairwell. He said, "We need to put this straw on here (the string) and then tie it here (top of the stairs) then I'll slide down the string." Hold on little buckaroo! I told him we'd need a better rope for him to slide down so we'd just have to use one of his toys. He decided it would be okay for Lightning McQueen to slide down the string. It worked rather well and kept the boys entertained for days. I say it's a 2nd generation zip line because when Darryl was younger he and his cousins built a zip line for them to ride on too. The ride didn't go too well.

No comments: