Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bunco Day!

I love Bunco day. It was even at my house this month and it was so great. I just love getting together with fun people and just talking and playing a mindless activity. I thought I'd take some pictures but it didn't happen. This time I didn't stress out about anything(ie. excessively clean house, tons of fabulous food, spectacular gifts). I just cleaned what needed to be done and as much as I could get done and I was really okay with not getting to it all. The food-- I was going to make some fun pasta dishes but decided to just go the super easy route and do 'Sunday dinner' (roast, potatoes, corn, etc.). For gifts I went shopping once and what I could find is what I got and it was done. I think this pregnancy made me much more lax about hosting this year. Hopefully the gals didn't think that I slacked off too much. In the end it was a great catch-up-with-the-girls night for me-- a night I need every month. Darryl and the boys had a great night too. They all went to Chuck E. Cheese. The boys have been wanting to take Darryl there ever since I took them. They would tell him he'd love the "bowling game" (skeetball). Clint was so funny. He would say, "Oh and the singer people too. They go like this." He would then barely move his head from side to side and slowly blink his eyes, just like the mechanical band members on the stage do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went way simple. I did gift cards when I hosted. Chilis, Target and Blockbuster. Huge hit!
Love me some Bunco!