Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese


Well tonight was one of those spontaneous nights. We started our trip at Rod Works in Springville-- bad idea. If you've ever been in the store you know what I mean when I say the store is crowded without anyone in it. Well tonight was girls night due to Priesthood session of General Conference and holy cow. There was NO room to move. Those waiting to pay were taking up every ounce of 'isle' room and so it was impossible to even think about shopping. I finally found a worker and asked her where their fall stuff was and she showed me a few things that didn't excite me so I quickly took the boys and bolted out the door. I should have taken advantage of the 50% off offer and got something super cute for our house but with two boys, breakable stuff all around, and being crammed with people for at least another hour-- no thank you. The line wasn't even moving because everyone was buying big items that were displayed up on their walls so when they would get up to pay the workers would have to go pull the item from the back and fight the crowd to get back to the counter to ring it up. Yikes. Next, we headed to Ladies Night Out at Roberts Crafts so I could get some great deals on Bunco gifts. We found things that will do. I was hoping to get all fall decorations but there wasn't much to choose from. Afterwards I couldn't resist doing something super fun with the boys and I took them to the store next door-- Chuck E. Cheese. My naive little guys had no idea what Chuck E. Cheese was, and I use to find myself relieved when a Chuck E. Cheese commercial would come and my boys, not knowing what they were missing, wouldn't care about the commercial. Well I think those days are over. I'm sure they will be begging to go again often and when they see a commercial they will surely say, "I wish we could go there."(One of Kade's most common phrases.) The boys had a blast. We played until our tokens ran out. The whole time I kept asking them if they were hungry and wanted something to eat-- nope, no time for that when you've got games, rides, and a jungle gym! So when the tokens were gone I loaded in the car and they both became desperately hungry and I knew it would be a LONG ride to Heber so we marched back into Chuck E's for round two. We ordered a personal pepperoni pizza and breadsticks and when the order came they brought us a huge pizza half Canadian Bacon, and half Pepperoni. Yikes-- a little wrong. Well they felt so bad they gave us a cup of tokens to go use while we waited for our correct order. So the boys played every game again-- except for skeetball, they played that again, and again, and again, and again . . . Darryl and I would do the same, they must be our kids. Clint couldn't roll the ball hard enough so 95% of the time the ball would come back and he'd get another shot at it. He thought it was all great though. After every roll he would jump spreading his legs out and put his arm in the air and say, "Yesss!" Kade reminded me of kids on drugs. He was so distracted and just bouncing with excitement from place to place so mindlessly. It was like his little brain didn't work at all-- he was so overwhelmed with amazement. They both loved to watch the characters show. Kade kept asking if there were real people in the costumes. I told him no, but I don't think he believed me because he kept asking questions like, "When are they going to take off those costumes?" and "Why don't they move their legs to dance?" What a fun night. It would have been better if Darryl would have been with us; He was at a show in Canada. The whole ride home the boys talked about how they would have Dad play the squirt game, and bowling(skeetball). Kade gave a play-by-play of how it would all go. Then he said, "But he can't ride the robot. That would be too scary. It's not scary for me, but Dad and you [Mom] and Clint would be too scared." It's just a little ride that you set in and it turns back and forth like a robot. I don't think he knew it was going to move so it scared him a little. He watched The Incredibles recently so daily he says "That's totally wicked!" and according to Kade everything at Chuck E-Cheese is "Totally wicked!!!!"

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

wocked!

Spencer's Adventures said...

uh...that would be "wicked!"

Unknown said...

Love Rodworks...do not however love it on Girl's Night Out. I've been once and that was enough! Crazy women! :)