Saturday, October 10, 2009

Baby Shower--only way!

We had a baby shower for my niece today in Aurora. It was the best baby shower I've ever been to. My sister-in-law and my mom had this great idea to have it Open House style and have all kinds of scrapbook stuff to make pages for the mom-to-be. Bobbie, my sis-in-law, made a few holiday packets that they could take and put together a Halloween page, Easter page, 4th of July page, etc. or they could just choose from all the other paper and supplies and do their own theme. In the end my niece, Jordan, walked away with a scrapbook that will take her new little guy through his first year and all the pages are SUPER cute. It was great because every person(scraper or not) put so much effort into their page. When I scrapbook the first page I do is super fun and then they all become the quick plain page. Every page is so different and fun. I definitely think it's the way to go with a shower. Plus there were no games or awkward talking to a room full of people you don't know moments. Everyone just did their thing and Jordan was able to just sit and talk to everyone and really spend time with them. Great time. I'm mad I didn't take any pictures it would have been fun to get one of me and my niece showing a baby bellies. Maybe we'll see her before she has little Carver.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you have been busy! How you feeling?
I went to a shower like this for my cousin a while back and it really is a great idea.

Unknown said...

I love the idea! And congrats to Jordan. Hope you are feeling well.

Maria said...

Okay now I am jealous. I have done a total of 3 pages in conners scrap book. Poor Thatcher.