Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks


This year for Thanksgiving we spent the beginning of the week at my folks and the last couple days with Darryl's family. His parents and a few of his siblings had Thanksgiving in St. George at his sister's house this year. My family got together at Buzz's house. We even loaded Dad up and let him sleep in McKylee's bed before and after dinner. Wayne's girls were all there too-- which was great! I was so 'thankful' they could come. I hadn't seen Logan for quite a while. I miss that cute girl. I miss hanging out with her-- I felt bad we didn't do much with all the getting ready and taking care of kiddos it just didn't really happen. I did get pictures of the cuties though. I really wanted to get some great video footage of everyone but the post-dinner events weren't great. Cleaning up the kitchen, watching football, bickering people, and sleeping people-- not the best things to capture. Oh well, maybe I'll get some at Christmas.
Well I had contrived this great plan for everyone to make a few things so we could prevent Mom from baking and cooking all week. Well of course there is no way to stop the woman. She still made pies so we ended up with 9 pies and for 7 adults--nice. AND she made a salad. AND she cooked the turkey. AND she made the gravy. AND she made the rolls. AND she spent way more time cooking than was in my plan. She's Mom that's just what she does. Buzz and Bobbie wanted to go to the movie Tangled that night so we joined them. Wayne had to take the girls back to Arizona so they couldn't come with :(. Jordan's family was sick so they didn't stay long either. Speaking of sick-- Cole and I were still not 100% from our family's latest bug and so I didn't spend much time with my Dad even though we were at his house most of the time I just didn't go in his room much. It really stinks to be sick. ANYWAY, the movie was great! I was worried the boys would be scared with Rapunzel living with the witch but she wasn't scary-- most of the time.
Overall it was a fabulous day-- I got to see most of my family(Lisa's family didn't come). It would be nice to live by everyone and just be able to be more involved with each other, but that's not realistic for us all to live in Aurora unfortunately.

No comments: