Thursday, April 26, 2012

Clint's Head

I was suppose to be headed out with Darryl on a salt trip to the Chicago area.  Cole had been sick for a couple weeks and just wasn't changing so I had to back out of the trip at the last minute.  I was so upset about it because I really wanted to just have a trip with Darryl and I felt like I wouldn't go and then Cole would get better and canceling would have been in vain.  Well Clint, Cole, and Konnie (see other post) made sure it was worth staying.  Me and my disappointed attitude biked with the boys to school this morning instead of boarding a plane with Darryl.  I told the boys to have a great day and I loved them and headed home.   When I walked it the door my cell phone was beeping from missed calls and the answering machine was flashing.  There were several missed calls from the elementary school and a couple messages.  I listened to one and it was the principal saying Clint had hit his head and it "needed further attention."  I drove back to the school and found Clint in a little bit of shock.  He was covered in blood and the towels they were holding on his head were soaked.  They showed me the cut and I was surprised at how large it was.  It definitely needed stitches but I couldn't bring myself to take him to the Dr.  He didn't want to go and frankly I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a scar that would be covered by hair.  We went back to the house and after some hair cutting(we should have cut more but Clint was screaming because he thought I was going to cut his head off or something), gluing and taping with steri-strips he was asking to go back to school.  What a start to the day.  The cut was 2" long and about 1/4" wide.  I measured because I had to let Darryl know what it was like.  This picture was taken a couple weeks after the day of the injury.  So how did it happen?  He tripped on a rug as they were headed outside for PE and he bonked his head on the metal door jam.  No teachers were around so Chloe, a little girl from his class who is a cute 5-year-old mom, took him to the office.  Clint said there was blood all down the hallway.  It didn't surprise me considering how much he had all over him.  I'm glad I was there to take care of it and it wasn't another person's problem.  I'm also glad that I wasn't in an airplane and unavailable during his time of crisis.

No comments: