Sunday, November 11, 2012

Great To Be 8!!!

Kade is going to be 8 next year which bought us an invite to the Great To Be 8 program tonight.  This is a night where the Primary leaders talk about all the great things that can happen when you turn 8, like baptism, scouts, Faith in God program, and activity days.  They have a spot on the program where each child has a parent talk about them.  This was something I wasn't expecting so what I quickly threw together was this:
  • Kind:  Kade wants to be everyone's friend--young or old.  It pains him to see others in trouble, hurt, or sad.
  • Active:  He likes to always be moving.  He wants to ride a bike, play a game, gymnastics, Bakugan, Ninjago, Pokemon, swimming, amusement park rides.
  • Doer:  He wants an assignment.  He loves to accomplish tasks.  He enjoys building things.  He really thrives when you can explain something to him, he gets it, and he can just go to town working on it.  He even enjoys cleaning or things like that if it is proposed as a project to conquer.
  • Educated:  He's always been quick to learning.  He is not just educated on school things but he his educated on gospel things as well.  He surprises me all the time with the connections he's able to make involving math.  I'm always caught of guard too by the comments he makes pertaining to the gospel.  He knows and understands more than I think is possible.  I'm glad he proves me wrong.  Even today he said he needed a Father's Blessing because he has a cold and is under the weather a little.
I love this kid.  I can't believe I've had him for 8 years.  I can remember so well the days sitting in the hospital staring at him and wanting so badly to find a way to be able to read the end of that book.  That book turned out to have a happy ending and the current book is full of adventurous chapters. 

No comments: