Friday, November 16, 2012

My Dish Towels


Growing up my Grandma Munson had dish towels that were so enchanting to me.  They were towels she had made out of flour sack material and embroidered a picture and the day of the week on each one.  I loved looking at them hanging on the towel rack in her kitchen.  At about age 10 I started my own.  I didn't put the days of the week on them.  I like the idea-- I don't know why I didn't.  Maybe it was because I never got 7 towels done.  I think I finished 4.  Here are what is left of the last 2.  I wanted to remember them and the memories they hold before I let them go to the rag pile.  (I found this picture on  e-bay of the days-of-the week towels that were similar to my Grandma's.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer DON'T throw them out you need to get an embroidery hoop and frame them. Look on Pintrest and you will see what I am talking about. They are to special to put in the rag pile.
Love your cousin
Julie

Jenn said...

That's a great idea-- I'll see what I can salvage.